- BRUSH. YOUR. SUIT! — do this after every wear and gently brush it before wearing it to maintain optimal awesome!
- After wearing your suit, spray with a isopropyl alcohol/water/essential oil solution (3:1 alcohol/water, 5-6 drops of essential oil, do not use eucalyptus as it can eat away at the fur.)
- Head – Leave head upside down and spray gently. Let dry completely before wearing.
- Hand paws/feet paws – spray down gently on the inside of the items. Let dry completely before wearing.
- Full suits/Half suits – turn inside out and spray moderately, then turn it back and spray the outer fur gently. Let dry completely before wearing.
- When wearing a fursuit, make sure to follow the usual convention rules of 6-2-2.
- 6 hours of sleep – Fursuiting without enough sleep can be dangerous. Fatigue can cause headaches, dizziness, muscle weakness, impaired decision-making, and even fainting.
- 2 meals – Not having enough food can make you fatigued!
- 2 showers a day – it will cut down on sweat and help keep your suit fresh.
Washing and Cleaning
- Body suits can be machine washed in cold water with Woolite detergent. Turning a suit inside out can help preserve the fur. Do not add fabric softener.
- Heads and feet should be hand-washed in cold/cool water.
- DO NOT USE A CLOTHES DRYER. Air dry your suit gently over two chairs or a drying rack. Do not hang to dry, as this can stretch the fur fabric and create patches.
- Brush gently halfway through drying, and again when drying is completed. Do not pull on fur while brushing as it can damage the backing underneath.
- Do not take suit to dry cleaners.
- Store your suit in a cool, dry environment, away from light. Excessive light can damage fur colors.
- Improper cleaning procedures can result in a damaged suit and voided warranty. 😦
Have a question that’s not answered here?
Fill out the form below with any questions that you have and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can! (Typical response time is between 5-7 business days — We’re working hard on suits!)